Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where have I been?

So I've disappeared for almost a month in terms of this blog, and in terms of my efforts towards losing weight. Because the same thing happened that always seems to happen - life. And I make excuses. In a sense, I'm ashamed that I allowed myself to use "finals" as a reason to get off track, but in the same sense, I feel like this is normal and sometimes when you step into survival mode where getting through the day alone seems like a struggle, it's excusable to let the other stuff go. In all reality, my break was way longer than necessary for my own mental health.

Now the problem is getting back on track. Do I want to start tracking my calories again? No, of course not. I'd much rather prefer to just eat those mozzarella sticks without guilt. Do I want to start up insanity? Again, no, I really don't. But I should. Because if I ever want to make any progress - it's necessary for me to try.

I'm making next week my official re-starting point for the continuation of my journey. For now, I should just start getting back into the groove of tracking my eating and working out. I actually have been keeping up reasonably with working out even not being on a set schedule, but 6 days a week is always better than 4.

Now I really should have no excuses. That pesky little thing called the bar is months away, and if it screws up my progress it really should only be for a couple days. Time to get serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment