Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello again

So I'd like to update this with results of my progress - that requires progress and not sucking at life. Anyway, this week I started 8.4 lbs down from where I was in January. Actually not as bad I was expecting since I've really let myself go... Anyway, I've realized that I at the very least should be keeping track of my weight and I need to be better at keeping track of my food too. The whole point of this endeavor was to give me some motivation to keep going, but instead I fell off track anyway.

I've started training for the 10k I'm doing in August (the wrong one, mind you, but that's a whole different story). I used mapmyrun today and my water backpack thingie and it makes me feel like I can just do a lot of miscellaneous running outside without having to run in the same circle at Remington. I went down the Hidden Lakes trail today, which I didn't realize is only 1.25 miles long, so 2.5 miles total. I was going for a 3 mile run, but considering it was 90 something degrees, I figured that was good enough.

The eating part of this so-called journey is what I truly struggle with. I can force myself to be uncomfortable working out for an hour a day, but to be uncomfortable and starving and eating rabbit food all day every day, not so much. I need a better way to approach this situation - maybe slowly decreasing my calories each day or something like that. Because if I deprive myself too much I go literally insane and if I don't deprive myself enough I'm eating 5 tacos in a sitting. The problem seems to be that I oscillate between caring and wanting to be healthy (read: skinny) and not caring at all, thinking that life as a fat ass is at least more delicious. This is obviously a recurring problem that I suppose can only be beaten by choosing healthy but still yummy substitutes, not giving into temptation, etc. But temptation is rampant when you work at a restaurant... and when the first thing that comes to mind for a meal is Taco Bell... I know I just need to buckle down, but I'm struggling to find that motivation.

This post is pretty pointless since I feel like I have no real goals right now and can't even tell whether I care enough to keep this up or not. I at least have a plan mapped out for training - I guess I just need to create a diet plan as well..

1 comment:

  1. Just keep it up! I've been taking classes at a gym here and I actually look forward to them! And view food as fuel not pleasure on most days but then know you can have a day where the food you eat is for pleasure and nothing else. Trust me, I live in New Orleans and the food is fantastic so sometimes I just have to eat because I want it and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete