Monday, April 9, 2012

Reset

So as of this morning, I'm 11 lbs down. Not my lowest weight, but not a travesty either.

I realize it's time for me to get back on track and in order to do so I'm going to need to redefine my goals. Last week I only worked out 3 days and my eating was definitely not on track.

Based on another friend's recent plan, I think my plan will be to follow a more strict calorie goal that doesn't take into account the exercise because that just gives me an excuse to eat like shit. So my new goal is to limit myself to 1400 calories a day, plus I like his idea of a moderate cheat day so one day with 1600 calories. I don't plan on picking the day that I get to cheat but will let it vary depending on circumstances. I also need to track my habits more often, so I can pay attention to where I'm going wrong and why. I usually know why, but I need to SEE it like on a calendar.

I'm going to finish up the rest of p90x (2.5 weeks), and then I think I might try insanity. I spent a while watching an infomercial on it and it really made me want to try it.

One problem I have that I find difficult to fix without quitting alcohol is that every time I'm drunk, I eat whatever the hell I want and have no self-control. I'm not sure how to deal with this problem. Cut out the fun entirely? Or find a way to limit intake even despite the lack of inhibitions?

My original goal was to be FOCUSED on this task for the entire year and see where it took me. Like always, I've fallen off the wagon. It took me more time than usual, but it's time for me to re-focus. Let's hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment