So I've gotten nowhere in the past week. I did hit a peak of 10 lbs lost on Tuesday but it doesn't count since it wasn't weigh-in day. As of today, I'm down 7.2 lbs overall.
Thus, I need to go back to the beginning and remember what I'm actually supposed to be doing this year. For one, it should be evident to an outsider that I'm trying to diet/eat healthily. I realize that one of the biggest problems with free food and that they lay out a whole bunch of options and I think it's ok if I just take one of everything. It's not. So I'll need to limit myself in that respect. In terms of eating out, I should alternate between a super healthy option (i.e. salad) and a more enticing but still healthy treat (i.e. grilled chicken wrap). I've gotten too lax on what I've allowed myself to eat. Sure I don't think indulging every so often in a slice of pizza or a sundae or something will kill me, but when it becomes more often that I'm doing that than that I'm limiting myself, I have a problem. I was thinking I might also keep a calendar to further track my days. Happy faces for good days - sad faces for skipped workouts and overeating - that way I can look back and see just how often I'm really screwing up and for what reasons. Sure I track most things on livestrong, but then sometimes I don't. And a lot of the time I see no point in tracking when I know that it wasn't good.
So I'm going to put more effort into eating healthy meals and more effort in resisting temptation. I've gotten too comfortable with ordering alcohol at meals and getting dessert and indulging here, there, and everywhere. Last week, I decided to eat a few lunches of just turkey slices, carrot sticks, and pickle slices. More of that on a normal basis is what I need.
Since I've kinda sorta lost 10 lbs in 2 months, my goal is to be 20 lbs down by the end of April. That also coincides with my birthday, so it would be super sweet if I was that much lighter by then. Really need to start eating better to make that happen!
Last week on Tuesday, I was having a great day (unofficially 10 lbs down) and I felt like a Yoga X master. I held all of the moves for the entire time they did (except for half moon on one side), including warrior 3, side arm balance, etc. I was so proud of myself. Today, yoga did not go quite as well. I really do wonder how my lunch choices affect my later workouts - it always seems that I'm much more capable when I eat a healthy lunch - all the more reason to do so, right?
I saw this article quite a while ago : http://shine.yahoo.com/vitality/lose-weight-day-long-164200821.html I should probably try to implement some of the things it suggests. I especially like how it incorporates a daily nap =)
I was also thinking whether I should give up anything for what remains of Lent. I'm not Catholic and I've never even attempted to give up anything, but I was thinking it might be a good idea to limit myself for the remaining month. I was thinking chocolate, but I'm not sure. I can't decide if I'm motivated enough to give up something without any religious reasoning behind it.
Anyway, I've rambled enough today. I'm planning on going on another short run tonight so I can be somewhat prepared for this 8k coming up.
If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, please feel free to leave them. I love to get them =)
I started p90x and gym today. Lord help me. I couldn't even do one dive bomber pushup. I just fell over. Like a tipped cow. It was sad. But hopefully I'll be able to push through and see some results. 10 lbs in 9 weeks is good. The 'healthy' way to do it. Its not as fun as watching Big Fat Loser (thats what the Neesan house calls it) and seeing them lose 10 lbs a week. But they work out ALL day with a dietician and people slapping their hands. Congrats on your progress thusfar.
ReplyDeleteGood job starting p90x! It will get easier again eventually! How long did you do it the first time? I'm just mad at myself that I haven't made ANY progress in the past 2 weeks because I've really been eating lots of stuff I shouldn't, and the 10 lbs doesn't even seem like 10 real lbs because my weight fluctuates so much and it's really just losing all the weight I shouldn't have put on in the past few months. I'm basically just back to my normal fat self instead of the fat fat self, but I guess that's still something. It'd be awesome if I could lose 10 lbs in a week and be done with this in a month, haha.
ReplyDeleteLast time we did it I'll say 5/6 weeks with the gym included. I usually did a video, then cardio at night when Fred got off work. Sometimes I could bang out cardio in morning then again at night. Hey, I don't work. I should be the least fat person ever. Then the craziness happened over the summer and we just fell off the wagon so hard. But I have this horrible habit of gaining like 10 lbs over winter, then lose it in the summer. So basically I get normal fat also. Never really get anywhere. But this time, I looked at all my wedding pictures and cried. I felt like my fat face/neck and my fat arms ruined every single picture I was in. And those are supposed to be the pictures you're proud of and show everyone. I am not. But hey! At least I was the fattest I've ever been.. so in like 10 years maybe I'll still be able to say I'll be skinnier than when I got married.
ReplyDeleteDang, I applaud you for doing both a video and something else - because the few times I've done it, I know it's exhausting! I feel like I NEED to lose weight before I get married for precisely that reason. Like the wedding will not happen until I am skinny enough. I will budget for a personal trainer/dietician if need be. And for you, there's always other life events to take pictures of where you can be skinny for =)
ReplyDelete