Saturday, January 14, 2012

2 Weeks of P90X Down!

So I know I haven't really posted all week, and then I've start to hear questions from some people of whether I'm keeping up with this. Don't worry I am!

I think I wrote a blog in my head on Tuesday about plyo and about how during week 1 (or the couple other times I tried it randomly) I would be exhausted like 5 minutes into it (i.e. during the warmup). This week I didn't feel that way until about half-way in. I still don't know how anyone expects me to do knee hops or rock-star jumps when I'm already dying, but we'll see if I can manage one day.

This week has been fairly tumultuous for me, explaining why I haven't posted. Aside from yesterday where I went off the diet way too much, I've been doing well. Last night Dan & I went to red lobster.... so I know that sent me over, and then I went out and had quite a few drinks, and then had a burger and fries from Denny's later. Although I know I probably should have stopped myself, I didn't, and I don't really care.

I'm thinking tomorrow will probably not bring any additional weight loss, but I'm ok with it. With everything else that's been going on in my life, the fact that I haven't made any excuses for why I can't workout every day is rewarding enough.  

4 comments:

  1. I did weight watchers for awhile after I quit smoking. The cool thing they taught was even when you have a crappy day or even week, if you're still at it, you're ok. And at weigh ins, maintaining the same weight for a week or two is NOT the end of the world, at least you're not gaining and you feel better. I did the points thing. If I had say 10 points for the day, I could do McDonald's and use them all up in one meal and eat lettuce the rest of the day and it was ok, or you could barrow points from the next day! Sounds like you're doing great, I'm jealous of your motivation and commitment! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've always thought weight watchers would be helpful, but I don't really want to pay for it right now. I've tried to be forgiving of crappy days - I really just need to look at the overall picture. I'm with you on the just eating McD's for one meal and then veggies the rest of the day - I'd almost prefer to eat a yummy meal and skip out on the rest than eat boring things all day long. I just feel like I need to keep going when I've been doing pretty well so far 19 days in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can do weight watchers online for free. It's just another tool in your box to help.

    ReplyDelete