So today I really didn't want to workout. I feel like I'm starting to get sick, and 2 days into the semester, and I'm already exhausted!
I thought I was going to have a super easy schedule this semester (which I kinda do), but with my job with America Reads, the Frederick Douglas Moot Court competition coming up, spring trial ad, and just starting up the semester with other classes, I already feel like I have no time. I thought I'd be able to get out of class by noon, take a nice nap, workout, dilly dally, do my reading, have free time. So far free time is non-existent and I'm just feeling like the next couple weeks are going to be quite busy.
Anyway, my point was that tonight was one of those nights where in the past I would've made some excuse for why I couldn't work out. Oh I'm getting sick because I have to blow my nose. Oh I'm just too tired. Oh it's already 9 pm and I just want to nap some more, and nap until it's too late to work out. etc. etc. etc. Believe me, I had an excuse for every day of the week. And that's precisely why I told myself NO, Get your ass up and do the workout. Making working out a priority means that if it's not a good enough excuse where I might skip class or some other obligation (or would stay in instead of going out with friends), then it's not a good enough excuse to skip a workout.
I know there are going to be times where I have to skip a workout, for whatever reason. But so far I haven't. I've taken my rest days happily the past 2 Sundays, but I'm proud that I haven't even pushed my rest day up earlier in the week. Part of it is the blog that keeps me going - this honestly is enough motivation to keep me accountable to myself. And another big part is not wanting to mess up my clean streak.
11:11, make a wish. Goodnight everyone! (after I do tomorrow's reading.... boo)
No comments:
Post a Comment