First off, I've completed Phase 1 of p90x. Yay!
So yesterday I weighed in, only lost .2 lbs since last week, down 6 lbs overall. And I gained back the 2 inches I had lost around my hips. I'm wondering if this was partially due to the fact that I was doing a "recovery" week in p90x that focuses more on stretching than actually working out.
Either way, it's still progress and I'm not going to get down about the fact that it's not much progress. Also, my scale isn't super reliable so I have to just accept it as it is.
Sometimes I think I'm limiting myself too much, sometimes not enough. Over the weekend, Dan and I went to Portillos, and I ended up getting the most delicious salad (the poppyseed one) that I've ever had. But after I had one of his fries, I got so upset about the idea that I'd passed up a chili dog for a salad that it actually made me cry. I've avoided McDonalds and Taco Bell this entire month, and when I do get fast food or eat out, I try to go with the healthiest options. But I really probably should allow myself a McDonalds fix soon because I just can't live without some good ass fries and meaty goodness.
As much as I'm not a fan of yoga x, I realized that last week I actually kind of like it. I like pushing myself to do the moves as well as I can, pushing myself into a lower squat or holding a straighter position. I can work up a sweat just getting into a good crescent pose. I always feel pretty good by the end of yoga, just having made it through the whole thing.
I've got other thoughts floating around in my head but I feel like I should be working on other law-school related things. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment