Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9

Ugh. So I basically sucked at the diet today, but I'm going to try to realize that forgiveness is appropriate. Not every day can be perfect and sometimes counting calories is just pointless when you know by lunch time that you don't have any left.

I also have yet to workout and am not feeling it, but will be doing chest & back later tonight. ugh. booo.

Update: So maybe I am too hard on myself after all. I just entered my workout and my food for today and I realize it's possible I still came within my calorie limit. It's hard to tell when I went out to eat for lunch and then just made some various dishes for dinner but the fact that it's possible after I had a mini chip binge this morning is great news to me.

Also I realize that the p90x chest & back workout is definitely the easiest of the week for me. Perhaps it is because it's all push-ups and pull-ups, neither of which I can do, so I have to modify and I just "do my best and forget the rest." But the workout's really not that tiring and you get so many damn breaks that are like an entire minute long that it's definitely pretty low key. I'm also proud that after only a week of starting up p90x again I can definitely tell the difference. Last week when I tried to do the workout I feel like every push up exercise I'd do 1 or 2 and collapse. I definitely noticed an improvement - although I'm still pretty pathetic. But I'm doing at least twice as many before I collapse. The workout really seemed so meh, that despite it being midnight and me being exhausted and completely unmotivated earlier, I felt ready to do ab ripper!

I am NOT looking forward to plyo tomorrow. I can never decide whether I hate that more or yoga, but plyo is just me wanting to die after 5 minutes in.... I wish plyo would give you some minute long breaks!

Anyway, I'm glad to end the night on a positive note after I've been feeling a little blah all day. =)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I think the key is to avoid the "today is ruined so I might as well have a quesadilla and a pizza and a tub of icecream and start over tomorrow" mentality. If you try to salvage the day, it is not discouragingly impossible to catch up on a couple calories over the next couple of days.

    Wish I wasn't eating cookies as I type this... for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never have the ability to watch somebody else dig into a bag of chips and not also want to partake. I knew I was going out to lunch afterwards but I tried to pick something healthy (chicken stir fry) and only ate half. I don't know if you saw Katy's comment from a few days ago, but I think the idea of forgiveness and starting each day fresh seems really important if you want/expect the whole concept of keeping up with the plan to work.

    Eat cookies for breakfast and a salad for lunch =)

    ReplyDelete